Tune in or Stream August 14
Outside of Ethiopia, Washington, D.C. has the largest population of Ethiopians in the world, so the city feels like a homecoming to Marcus even though he’s never lived there. He visits a market in Little Ethiopia, talks about the spiritual rituals that are so closely connected with the cuisine, enjoys Ethiopian staples like kifto and injera, and celebrates the culture’s traditions through cooking, dance and a traditional Ethiopian coffee ceremony.
Join the Conversation
Meet Marcus Samuelsson
Marcus Samuelsson is the acclaimed chef behind Red Rooster Harlem, Ginny’s Supper Club, Marcus at the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club in Bermuda, Norda Bar & Grill in Gothenburg, Sweden, and in 2017, Red Rooster Shoreditch in London and Marcus B&P in Newark. He has thrilled the food scene with a blend of culture and artistic excellence, first catching the attention of the culinary world at Aquavit. During his tenure as executive chef there, he received an impressive three-star rating from The New York Times, the youngest person ever to receive such an accolade. Continue Reading
- Detroit Explore the culture and flavor of Detroit’s Middle Eastern community. Tune in or stream July 10 at 9/8c.
- New Orleans Discover how Vietnamese residents have influenced the city in delicious ways. Tune in or stream July 17 at 9/8c.
- Chicago Visit Chicago’s Mexican community to learn about its heritage and cuisine. Tune in or stream July 24 at 9/8c.
- Queens, NYC Go inside the Indo-Guyanese community in Queens to explore its roots and cuisine. Tune in or stream July 31 at 9/8c.
- Miami Explore the cuisine, culture and history of the city’s Haitian community. Tune in or stream August 7 at 9/8c.
- Washington, D.C. Dine, dance and dish with the Ethiopian community in the nation’s capital. Tune in or stream August 14 at 8/7c.