- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 quart (4 cups) milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Place cocoa powder in a medium saucepan. Stir in milk, a bit at a time until cocoa liquefies; add remainder. Add chocolate chips; melt over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Ladle into mugs with whipped cream, if desired.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 369 calories; 21.3 grams fat; 10.7 grams protein; 40.9 grams carbohydrates; 4.3 grams fiber