Homegrown Heroes Premiered December 15, 2017 on PBS
check local listings
Watch the Full EpisodeInternationally-acclaimed chef and food ambassador Lidia Bastianich again pays homage to the men and women of our military and all they’ve sacrificed for this country. In Homegrown Heroes, Lidia looks at veterans who return home and find farming to be a path back to civilian life.
Seven poignant veterans’ stories take Lidia from the heart of Appalachia in Loom, West Virginia to Richmond, Kentucky and Anaheim, California, and prove that farming, beekeeping, and raising livestock can help people reconnect in a meaningful way to the community.
- Our Homegrown HeroesVisit the veterans who continue to give back to their country by farming, and learn more about Lidia's latest special. Continue
- Behind the Scenes SlideshowsGo behind the scenes! Hear veteran stories, and view Homegrown Heroes slideshows. Continue
- Watch Watch Lidia specials, as well as highlights from her latest adventure, Homegrown Heroes. Continue
- TV Schedule Identify your local station and find out when you can watch. Continue
- Past Lidia Specials Celebrate America by re-visiting previous Lidia specials. Continue
- Veteran Resources Check out resources for veterans. Continue