- variety of fruit juices (3 cups total)
- 3 cups ginger ale
- cold water
- paper cups
- punch bowl or large serving bowl
- Since the berry buoys need to freeze, make them first: Layer the bottoms of several paper cups with berries. (We used a mix of blueberries and raspberries.) Gently cover the berries with cold water. (Don't worry if they float a little.)
- Put the cups in the freezer until the water is solid.
- Make the punch: Just before party time, mix your chosen fruit juices and ginger ale in the punch bowl. Whatever juices you choose, we do suggest that you use half as much of any citrus juices as you do of other sweeter juices. (We mixed 2 cups of white grape juice and 1 cup of pineapple juice with our 3 cups of ginger ale Yummy!)
- Drop the buoys: At serving time, take the buoys out of the freezer and peel the paper cups off. Drop buoys into the punch with whichever side looks nicer facing up! Put a ladle in the bowl and serve next to a stack of drinking cups.
Tips/TechniquesNote: This recipe makes 48 ounces (eight 6-ounce servings). If you need more or less, just remember that you should use one cup of ginger ale for every cup of fruit juice. It's a good idea to check with your guests' parents regarding any possible food allergies prior to deciding on a party menu.