- 1/2 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce or salsa
- 4 (6 to 7-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Sour cream (optional to garnish)
- Combine cheese, broccoli and picante sauce in small bowl; mix well.
- Spoon ¼ of the cheese mixture onto 1 side of each tortilla; fold tortilla over filling.
- Melt ½ teaspoon butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 quesadillas; cook about 2 minutes each side or until tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining butter and quesadillas.
- Options: Asparagus is great in this in the spring. Mushrooms, corn, onion or peppers could be added. Cut up leftover chicken or fish could also be added, or firm leftover vegetables. The mixture can be kept several days in the fridge, for a meal or snack another day.
Nutrition InfoEach serving provides 189 calories, 45 calories from fat, 5 grams fat, 1 grams saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 26 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 2 grams sugars, 8 grams protein