- 5 Boquerones or cured sardines
- 1 head Roasted garlic
- 2 shallot bulbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cups Lemon Juice
- 2 Dried Guajillo chiles
- 2 Dried Chile California
- 1/2 tbsp Cracked Red Pepper
- Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- Toast dried Chiles in the oven or in a pan until fragrant and inflated. Deseed and destem dried peppers.
- In a sauce pan, sweat shallots until translucent. Add cracked red pepper and let fry briefly with shallots; deglaze with a healthy splash of white wine. Reduce until almost dry.
- Blend shallots, garlic, wine, boquerones and peppers with Lemon Juice and slowly add in shredded parmesan cheese. Drizzle in extra virgin olive oil until sauce is lightly thickened.
- Season with salt.
Tips/TechniquesCaesar was first created by Caesar Cardini, at Caesar’s Restaurant, in Tijuana, Mexico. Here, we have created a spicier version of it, to pay homage to the original recipe.