- 1 (4-pound) cantaloupe, chopped
- 3 limes, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional (will depend on how sweet your cantaloupe is)
- Tequila, of choice
- To a blender, add the chopped cantaloupe and juice from 1 lime. You may need to do this in batches depending on how large your cantaloupe is. Pulse until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour the cantaloupe puree through a strainer, discarding the pulp. Give the cantaloupe juice a taste. If it needs more sweetness, feel free to stir in a tablespoon of sugar.
- Rub a lime around each glass and dip the edges in salt of choice. I used Mexican salt from Colima—it’s amazing.
- Fill each glass with ice and then add about 2 to 3 ounces of tequila per glass. Top with about 3 ounces of cantaloupe juice and a squeeze of lime juice. Stir and serve.