A creamy, slightly spicy, Indian-flavored, coconut curry soup, garnished with avocado, cucumber, tomatoes and cilantro
- 2 Thai young coconuts
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger root
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium dates pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon Nama Shoyu (a natural soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon Indian curry powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup marinated shiitake mushrooms
- 8 cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- To make the coconut into coconut milk, open the coconuts with a cleaver. Put the coconut water in a blender. Next, scrape the coconut meat from the shell and add it to the coconut water in the blender. Blend the milk and meat together.
- To the coconut milk add all the remaining ingredients, except those for the garnish. Blend well until creamy and slightly warm.
- Divide soup into four soup cups, garnishing each with a quarter of the garnish mixture. Top with cilantro leaves and serve.
This soup great as a light lunch or an appetizer before a meal. It can easily accompany a salad.
Crisp white, slightly sweet organic wine.