- 2 eggplants
- Extra virgin olive oil (for brushing)
- Chopped fresh basil and oregano
- Prepared (or your own fresh) tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Trim and slice eggplant lengthwise.
- Brush eggplant slices with extra virgin olive oil and grill until tender.
- Add fresh herbs to your prepared tomato sauce and heat through.
- Layer grilled eggplant ("lasagna style") in a baking dish with sauce and mozzarella. Top with grated parmesan cheese.
Tips/TechniquesBake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Michel Nischan
© 2006 Michel Nischan
This segment appears in show #3108.