- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup ground cornmeal
- 4 firm green tomatoes cut in ½ inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more as needed for frying
- Place the flour on a small plate, the egg in a small bowl, and the cornmeal on another small plate. Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt. Dip the tomatoes into the flour, shake off the excess, then dip in the egg-wash, and finally the cornmeal.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, carefully place each tomato in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and serve immediately.