- 4 cups cold, cooked white or brown rice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup sliced scallions or garlic scapes
- 1 cup snow peas or snap peas
- 1 cup summer yellow squash, julienne cut
- 1 cup red pepper
- ½ cup julienne carrots
- ½ cup roasted cashews (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- Beat eggs with the salt. In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat.
- Add the scallions or garlic scapes and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Add eggs and stirfry until soft curds form; remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the wok.
- Add peas, squash, pepper, carrots and cashews and stir-fry for about 2 minutes; remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil and sesame oil in the wok. Add the rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes to heat through.
- Stir in soy sauce and vegetable mixture.
- Add eggs and stir until they are mixed throughout.
Nutrition InfoEach serving provides 470 calories, 190 calories from fat, 21 grams fat, 3.5 grams saturated fat, 105 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 59 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams fiber, 7 grams sugars, 13 grams protein