- 0.7 ounces lemongrass (2 stalks, white part only), chopped
- 0.7 ounces kiwi fruit (about 1/2 small fruit), peeled
- 0.25 ounces ginger, peeled
- 0.25 ounces garlic (about 1 medium clove), peeled
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef, cut into 1" cubes
- Put the lemongrass, kiwi fruit, ginger, garlic, fish sauce and vegetable oil into a small blender or food processor and blend until pureed.
- Pour the marinade over the beef and mix to ensure each piece of beef is coated with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Submerge 8 wooden skewers in water overnight. This keeps the skewers from burning on the grill. If you forget to do this, you can submerge them in boiling water for about 10 minutes instead.
- To skewer the beef, select similar size pieces for each skewer, ensuring that each piece is oriented so that the meat is roughly the same thickness from one end of the skewer to the other. Also, be sure to leave a little room between each piece of meat to ensure they cook evenly.
- Grill the skewers over a hot grill until the beef is cooked to your desired temperature. If the beef starts burning before it's cooked, move the skewers to a cooler part of your grill.
Tips/TechniquesIf you don't have a grill you can put the skewers on a baking sheet and broil them in your oven. Just move the oven rack to the top position, set the oven to broil, and broil the skewers, flipping them over once the tops start to brown.