- 1 salmon steak (about 8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini (about 4 ounces) halved lengthwise, then sliced crosswise ¼ inch thick
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place salmon in a small baking dish or ovenproof skillet; drizzle with ¼ teaspoon oil.
- Make the rub: In a small bowl, stir together mint, garlic, oregano, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkle half the rub mixture evenly over both sides of the salmon. Bake salmon until opaque throughout (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a medium nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, and cook, tossing occasionally until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in scallion, tomatoes, and remaining rub mixture. Cook just to heat through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper; serve with salmon.
Tips/TechniquesNote: Once salmon steak is cooked, it's easy to remove the skin: Place a fork between the skin and the flesh at one of the ends; twist the fork (like you would with spaghetti) until all the skin has wound around it.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 407 calories; 19.4 grams fat; 47.6 grams protein; 9.7 grams carbohydrates; 2.9 grams fiber