This holiday cocktail, Jim's Got it, was inspired by one of the world's greatest holiday tipples (drinks). Find out what makes this drink taste better as you go and get in touch with the roots of this holiday beverage. Discover other holiday cocktails in our collection of original recipes from the top bartenders across the nation.
- 1 ounce vermouth
- 1 ounce rhubarb aperitif
- Couple of ounces of sparkling wine
- 1 barspoon (1/8 of an ounce) of absinthe
- Take a tall, thin collins or zombie glass and add the vermouth and the Zucca.
- Fill the glass up with crushed ice.
- Add a couple of ounces of sparkling wine. At the point, some of the ice will have melted so top the glass back up with crushed ice
- Then add more sparkling wine until there's just about a half inch of space left. Gently layer a barspoon (1/8 of an ounce) of St. George absinthe, add a couple of straws and serve.
Tips/TechniquesFor vermouth, Will Thompson (the bartender who created this drink) prefers Cocchi Vermouth di Torino and for absinthe, St. George. For rhubarb aperitif, Thompson uses Zucca.