- 1.5 pounds kumquats
- 1/2-3/4 cup honey (to taste)
- 1/3 cup rice wine (water will also work)
- Wash and cut the kumquats in half, exposing the seeds. Use the tip of your knife to remove the seeds. Cut each half into quarters or eighths, depending on how big they are.
- Add the kumquats to a pot with the honey and rice wine. Cover and heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the skins start turning translucent. Watch the pot as it has a tendency to boil over. Remove the lid, then simmer uncovered until most of the liquid has evaporated and the remaining liquid is thick and viscous (about 10-15 minutes).
- Because kumquats vary in sweetness, you may need to add a little more honey to yours, so taste it as it cooks and adjust the sweetness to your liking.