- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, plus more as garnish
- 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice, plus more slices as garnish
- 2 ounces vodka of choice
- Sparkling water or La Croix (flavor of choice)
- In a medium saucepan, set over medium heat, combine the sugar and water. Stir until dissolved. Add the thyme and turn the heat off. Cover and allow to steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain, discarding the thyme, and set aside.
- Add a handful of ice to two glasses. Add two tablespoons to each glass. And then divide the Meyer lemon juice amongst the glasses. Top with an ounce of vodka per glass and then add a splash of sparkling water or La Croix. Give it a stir and then taste test. Add more thyme-syrup or vodka, if you like! Garnish with a lemon slice and sprig of thyme.