- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cream to a simmer.
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl; set aside. Pour cream over chocolate and let melt for 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk together until chocolate is fully melted. Add butter, extract, and salt, whisking after each addition to incorporate.
- Once butter is fully incorporated, allow ganache to stand until slightly thickened and glossy.