- 2 lbs. mixed tomatoes such as red or yellow beefsteak, cherry, grape, and pear
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 bunch arugula (6 to 8 ounces) washed well and dried
- Core beefsteak tomatoes; cut each into 8 wedges. Halve grape and cherry tomatoes; leave pear tomatoes whole.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss arugula with half the dressing. Divide arugula and tomatoes evenly among four serving plates; drizzle tomatoes with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.