- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves washed, dried
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh Italian parsley leaves washed, dried
- 3 cloves garlic peeled, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground red (cayenne) pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat firm silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In food processor, combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and ground red pepper. Process until finely chopped. Add broth, tofu, lemon juice and oil. Process until mixture forms a creamy sauce, stopping to scrape down sides of work bowl several times.
- Just before serving, heat sauce over medium heat, stirring until heated through but not bubbling.
Tips/TechniquesChef Patsy Jamieson notes: This sauce can be made ahead. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on surface and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
This segment appears in show #3012.
Recipe courtesy of Patsy Jamieson
© 2005 Patsy Jamieson