- 1 pound Idaho or Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed, but unpeeled
- ¼ cup extra- virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, preferably white
- Pour enough cold water over the potatoes in a large saucepan to cover them by a few inches. Season the water with salt, and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender but still hold their shape, 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size and shape of the potatoes. Drain the potatoes, and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the potatoes, and pass them through a ricer or a food mill with a fine disc. Gently stir in the olive oil, and season them to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.