- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pack of Maitake (Hen of the Woods) mushrooms
- 1 bunch shungiku, roughly chopped (spinach will also work)
- 1 small pack of katsuobushi (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat until hot. Add the oil and mushrooms along with a pinch of salt and stir-fry until the edges of the mushrooms start to brown.
- Add the shungiku and katsuobushi and stir-fry until the leaves have wilted. Add the soy sauce and sugar and continue frying until there’s no liquid left in the pan. Serve immediately.