- 45 ounces canned black beans reduced salt, if possible, with their liquid
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin or more to taste
- 14 ounces canned corn kernels with their liquid
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt or sour cream for serving (optional)
- In a medium stockpot over medium heat, combine the beans, salsa, water and cumin and bring it to a boil. While it is heating, use an immersion blender to puree about half the mixture, so it is still chunky. Add the corn and its liquid, and continue to heat it for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (For a smoother soup, add the corn before pureeing the soup.)
- Serve the soup with a dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream, if desired. You can refrigerate the soup for up to 3 days, or freeze it for up to 3 months.