- 3/4 cup tahini (stirred to reincorporate if there’s oil that sits atop)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate, melted
- In the bowl of a stand-up mixer with the paddle attachment, add the tahini, butter, powdered sugar and salt. Beat until combined, about 2 minutes. It will appear crumbly but not to worry. Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out small balls of the tahini mixture, rolling it in between your palms, and placing it on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until you’ve worked your way through all of the tahini mixture. Stick toothpicks into the tops of each of the balls. Transfer to the freezer until very firm, about 15 minutes.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate, leaving a bit of the tahini ball showing it. Transfer back to the freezer to set for 5 minutes. Keep in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.