- 10 strawberries stems removed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 sopadilla peeled, seeded and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated panela or piloncillo (if not available use brown sugar)
- 3 bananas peeled and cut in 1/2-inch rings
- 1/4 cup spiced rum
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries, sopadilla, mint, orange juice, and lime juice. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium non-stick pan, heat the butter over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the panela and cook for 3 minutes. Cook until the panela has dissolved completely into the butter and then add the bananas. Cook for 3 minutes longer, then add the rum away from the heat. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Coat the bananas well with the rum butter sauce.
- Transfer the bananas and sauce to a plate and top with the strawberry and sopadilla salsa.
Tips/TechniquesThis segment appears in show #2901.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron Sanchez
© 2004 Aaron Sanchez