- 1 cup crawfish tails shelled
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup provolone cheese grated
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head of roasted garlic removed from skin and pureed
- 1/2 cup dill
- 1 large pizza dough
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out your pizza dough to the desired thickness. Spread the roasted garlic over the surface of the dough — this is your "sauce" for this pizza.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the dough, then add the crawfish, onions and fresh dill. Lastly, drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the pizza.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until the crust looks crispy and the cheese becomes lightly golden. Horst Pfeifer notes: The amount of each ingredient is to your own taste. With pizzas, really anything goes; however, sometimes the simpler things work better, as overcrowding the toppings can cause the ingredients not to heat through evenly, resulting in a soggy pizza with flavors that blend into a mush.
This segment appears in show #2801.
Recipe courtesy of Horst Pfeifer
© 2003 Horst Pfeifer