- 1 4 1/2-pound chicken
- 12 cloves of garlic sliced thin
- 10 shallots sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons each chopped lemon thyme basil, chives, rosemary and sage
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup veal stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the wing bones from the chicken. Stuff the garlic, shallots and herbs under the skin of the chicken. Rub the inside and outside with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 or 450 degrees. Place the chicken in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken).
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes. De-bone the chicken and keep in a warm spot until sauce is finished.
- Place the chicken bones, herbs and juice from the cooking pan into a stock pot. Add chicken stock and veal stock and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. The sauce should have an herb flavor.
- Strain the sauce through a fine strainer and pour over the chicken before serving.
Tips/TechniquesThis segment appears in show #2801.
Recipe courtesy of Horst Pfeifer
© 2003 Horst Pfeifer