- 1 to 2 large sweet red peppers, diced
- 3 cups fresh shell beans (frozen lima beans work well if you can’t find fresh shell beans)
- 3 cups corn kernels (frozen is fine)
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook the fresh shell beans in boiling water until tender. This can take anywhere from 10 to 40 minutes, depending on the variety and age of the shell bean. Once tender, drain the beans and put aside. (Keep the liquid for making soup or watering plants!)
- In a large skillet on medium heat, sauté the diced peppers in the olive oil for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes. Add the corn and shell beans and cook everything together for another 10 to 15 minutes or until tender and juicy. Add a tiny bit of the bean’s cooking water if needed. Season with salt and and pepper to taste and serve hot.
- Optional serving suggestions include fresh grated parmesan, fresh chopped herbs, and a slice of crusty bread.