- 1 pound dried angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon of freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Pecorino
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook just shy of al dente. Reserving 3/4 cup of pasta water, drain the pasta in a colander and set both aside.
- In the empty pot you cooked the pasta, set over medium heat, melt the butter and pour in the olive oil and 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water. Stir in the 1/2 cup of Parmesan or Pecorino until the cheese has melted and the sauce has started to come together. Add the reserve pasta and toss until it’s evenly coated. Continue to gently stir until the clumpy cheese has melted. If the pasta is slightly dry, add a few more splashes of pasta water until it’s moist and sauce-y throughout. Serve immediately with more cheese on top and a few turns of freshly cracked pepper.