- 12 ounces ground beef formed into 8 (1 1/2 ounce) patties
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese cut into four 3/8–inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slider buns
- Place one cheese cube on each of 4 patties, and then top with the remaining 4 patties. Pinch the sides together to seal the edges, and reshape the patties into 2-inch rounds. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet (a cast iron skillet works great here) over high heat; once hot, add the hamburger patties. Cook until the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes per side, or longer for well done. Transfer to the buns, and serve.