- 1 (10-ounce) package of bacon, of choice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet. Lay the bacon side-by-side.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the maple syrup on to each slice of bacon. Sprinkle each slice with the brown sugar and then liberally add the freshly ground pepper. Place it in the oven to bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drain on a bed of paper towels and then serve.