- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8.5 ounces cherry tomatoes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.75 ounces Comté cheese, grated
- Move your oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Generously butter an 8" pie dish or cake pan and then add the cherry tomatoes evenly spaced.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, flour, thyme, salt and pepper until smooth and free of lumps.
- Slowly pour the mixture over the tomatoes, being careful not to clump the tomatoes together.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake until puffy and golden brown (about 35-40 minutes).
- Slice and serve hot or at room temperature.
Tips/TechniquesI used a springform pan in the photos because it's all I had at the moment, but I don't recommend it as it will leak batter and make a mess in your oven.