- 1 ½ cups wild rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- maple syrup for serving
- additional milk for serving
- cinnamon for serving
- additional pecans, sliced almonds or walnuts for serving
- Place rice, water, milk, salt and dried cherries in your slow cooker, turn heat on low and let cook for about three hours, or until most all of the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is creamy.
- Stir in the nuts and serve with additional milk, maple syrup, nuts and cinnamon on the side.
Tips/TechniquesGrocery stores usually sell a mix of wild and brown rice which will work fine.