- 60 grams (2.1 ounces) gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon potato starch
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices of good quality sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney (or caramelized onions)
- In a small bowl, toss the cheese together with the potato starch.
- Drizzle half of the olive oil onto one slice of bread. Spread it around with a spoon, and then put the bread, oiled side down, in a skillet. Top the bread with the shredded cheese, being careful not to spill too much onto the pan.
- On your other slice of bread, spread the mango chutney onto one side. Place the bread, chutney-side down, onto the cheese.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil onto the top of the sandwich, and spread it around with a spoon. Place a flat-bottomed plate on top of the sandwich, then put the skillet on the stove over medium low heat.
- Grill the sandwich until the bottom surface is evenly brown, then flip the sandwich over, place the weight back on the sandwich, and grill the other side until evenly browned