- 2 cups white wine
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 6 peaches
- 1 vanilla bean (split and seeded)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Blanch the peaches for about 10 seconds. Peel and cut in half.
- Place wine, vinegar, honey, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon sticks, and lemon juice in a large saucepot. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes. Add peaches and cook until heated through, about 6 minutes after returning to a boil.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer the peaches to a canning jar with vanilla and cinnamon sticks evenly disbursed. Pour the boiling syrup over the peaches and fill to 1/4 inch below the rim of the jar and seal.
- Peaches will last in the refrigerator for up to a month. Serve over a roasted chicken, in a salad, or with goat cheese.
Tips/TechniquesThis segment appears in show #3208.
Recipe courtesy of Michel Nischan
© 2007 Michel Nischan