- 6 ramps, cleaned
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- A few rounds of freshly ground pepper
- Prepare an ice bath and set it aside. We’re going to use this for the ramps.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and drop the ramps in the water, blanching them for about 30 seconds. Remove them from the hot water and immediately transfer them to the ice water. Remove the ramps and place them on a bed of paper towels, pressing them to remove as much water as possible. Mince up the bulbs and green leaves.
- To a small bowl, add the butter, minced bulbs and green leaves, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Mix and mash until completely combined. Drop the butter onto a sheet of parchment paper and form into a log. Tie the ends with twine and transfer to the fridge to chill.
- Serve with bread, crackers, radishes and more! Will last in the fridge for 2 weeks.