This salmon recipe utilizes a combination of spices ginger, turmeric, and coriander for unique results that draw on the flavors of India.
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (each 6 ounces and about 1 inch thick)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Heat broiler. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, ginger, turmeric, coriander, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Spray a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place salmon on pan.
- Spread yogurt mixture on top of fillets, dividing evenly. Broil until fish is just opaque throughout, 12 to 14 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 323 calories; 14.2 grams fat; 44.2 grams protein; 1.7 grams carbohydrates; 0.3 gram fiber